As an order management software provider, it’s key to know which integrations you should perform in order to serve your clients and provide them with superior services properly. In 2022, order management integrations development with various systems will become more important than ever before. It can allow you to outperform your competitors and improve the operational efficiency of your target niche.
According to the National Retail Federation, the usage of order management systems enables retailers to reduce costs by around 15% and improve overall customer satisfaction by a whopping 16%. However, as an order management system, you need to be integrated with the different third-party solutions to perform your functions correctly.
Below, we would like to get deeper into the best integrations you can create and show you how to successfully connect your system with Amazon, Shopify, WooCommerce, or other similar platforms and marketplaces.
Main Order Management Software Functions
An order management system is a modern tool specific to an online store/CRM system whose aim is to support sales activities involved in the actual process of fulfilling orders, such as order follow-up, data entry, stock access, inventory management, and shipping management.
Usually, an order management software provider offers a plethora of functions to its customers, including but not limited to:
- Multichannel order processing and aggregation: regardless of how many sales channels store owners have, the order management software can allow them to review and process all orders in a single, unified dashboard
- Scalable order processing features: professional order management software provides fully scalable order management functionalities to cater to the growing needs of large retailers
- Order tagging and search: another highly useful feature of an order management software is order search and tagging. Such a tool can easily search for orders across the entire database, facilitating fast, accurate search results. Once an order has been found, the system can tag it into a specific category and categorize it on-the-fly
- Direct integrations to all business channels: this function is crucial for allowing real-time updates to order status
- Dropshipper integration: with one of these robust systems, retailers can facilitate order management automation and intelligently fulfill orders by shipping method, channel, or facility. Modern retailers can therefore stay on top of their order queue and maximize fulfillment efficiency
The Most Important Order Management Integrations
As an order management software provider, you need to focus on developing a specific set of integrations to unlock the full power of your service.
Here is the list of 9 of the best order management integrations you can perform in 2022 in order to take your business to a whole new level:
- Integration with ERP Systems: such integration allows you to easily capture updates to sales and inventory, allowing your clients to keep tabs on their financial operations better.
- Integration with Warehouse Management Systems: this integration enables your software to better manage the processes in the warehouse, along with inventory and stocks, ensuring your clients never run out of stocks.
- Integration with Payment Gateways: this integration is mandatory for managing card transactions and third-party payments.
- Integration with Tax Services: integrating your business with tax services enables your solution to calculate tax based on the final value of the product after discounts and the shipping address.
- Integration with POS (Point of Sale) Applications: this type of integration allows you to enable retailers to manage inventory and cash payments at a physical store and create in-store inventory availability for online customers.
- Integration with PIM (Product Information Management) Software: using a PIM offers your clients a better way to manage their products, enabling them to integrate videos, images, and other digital content within their product descriptions. This, in turn, boosts the conversion rates and allows them to provide better satisfaction to their shop buyers.
- Integration with Email Software: while most order management software already offers shipment status and email order creation capabilities, sometimes using an advanced email tool ensures a better, more consistent brand experience in the case of large clients.
- Integration with Parcel Adaptors: you should perform this unique integration to estimate the shipping cost for an order correctly and then route it to the appropriate carrier. This is necessary so that online sellers can provide accurate shipping charges to their shoppers.
- Integration with Shopping Platforms: lastly, integrating your order management software with shopping platforms allows you to gain access to your clients’ data related to their e-store products, orders, shipments, and any other important information. You can easily automate operations and work with this data to create personalized reports for your clients.
How to Сonnect Order Management Solution with Various Shopping Platforms?
If you want to increase your customer base and grow your market share in 2022, you should try to perform the integrations listed above. One of the most important of them all is an order management integration with shopping platforms. Without performing such an integration, it becomes impossible to add, retrieve, delete, sync, and work with data used by your clients who sell their products online via their e-stores.
To properly connect your solution with various shopping platforms, you need to play it smart and avoid the drawbacks of manual integration development. The best solution to this case is to use a reliable third-party service such as API2Cart. It basically allows you to connect your software with over 40+ shopping platforms and marketplaces via its unified eCommerce API.
With the help of API2Cart API methods, you can easily import orders from any sales channel, sync inventory management across different platforms, create shipments and update order statuses, and make personalized reports to track the situation on each sales channel.
You need to register your free account to start with API2Cart and perform a successful order management integration with eBay, Amazon, WooCommerce, X-Cart, Etsy, and 40+ other platforms. Then, you can add your customers’ stores from any supported platform and start working with store data to optimize key processes and provide top order management solutions to your clients.