API Digest #108: APIs —Take your business to the next level
Greetings from API2Cart! We are back with our traditional monthly API Digest edition. Here are the most interesting news from the world of APIs we’ve collected for you:
- Enterprise security must catch up with API innovation
- RESTful API Designing guidelines — The best practices
- Top 10 Cloud API: Google Drive, Dropbox, BOX and others
- APIs —Take your business to the next level
- SOAP vs REST.
- REST vs Streaming APIs: How They Differ
1. Enterprise security must catch up with API innovation
API security is now mission-critical for every organization – yet many still struggle to get it right. In fact, even companies with world-class security teams like Facebook and Google are getting caught off guard. In this article, Bernard Harguindeguy offers 12 must-have best practices for protecting API infrastructure from hacking and abuses.
2. RESTful API Designing guidelines — The best practices
There is a long debate going on the internet, about the best ways to design the APIs. There are no official guidelines defined for the same. In this post, Mahesh Haldar shares his own guidelines compiled on his experience of development.
3. Top 10 Cloud API: Google Drive, Dropbox, BOX and others
In recent years cloud storage has become one of the safest and most convenient ways of storing data and hosting services. Rakuten RapidAPI compiled a list of top 10 cloud storage APIs based on three main criteria such as API features, free storage capacity and price.
4. APIs —Take your business to the next level
In this article Ahesh Perera from Sysco LABS highlights a few but critical factors which we need to consider when we are planning a digital transformation of our business for taking it to the next level with APIs.
5. SOAP vs REST.
SOAP vs REST is a comparison that many programmers or even software architects usually ask themselves when developing APIs for their systems, but what is really the difference between them? Is it that one is superior to the other? In this article Mikel answers these questions.
6. REST vs Streaming APIs: How They Differ
There are many dichotomies in the world of API design. It seems for each architectural choice there exists an opposite solution purpose-built for a specific application. In this blog post Kristopher Sandoval talks about one such dichotomy: REST and Streaming APIs.
In case you are interested in unified shopping cart API, your best choice is API2Cart. Click the button below and schedule a call with our expert.