API Digest #21: Are You Sure Your API Is Not Ugly?
Yet another week has passed, which means that API digest is here with a new portion of fresh news and articles. We are starting with the fanciest we happened to come across.
David Weinberger, a senior researcher at Harvard’s Berkman Center writing about the effect of technology on ideas, has explored the successes, challenges and opportunities for news organizations using APIs. See the paper here or find a shorter version here.
You will certainly enjoy Network based architecture: Fielding, Fowler, and Haussmann if you are:
- (a software expert) interested in the beauty of HTTP REST and Continuous Delivery
- eager to understand the success of the Web and get acquainted with key web linguos and concepts
- simply fond of history
Inspired by the Flash player issue, Kristopher Sandoval, an exceptional author for Nordic APIs, has sparked Zero Day Flash Exploits, Versioning, and the API Space. Click to read about the nature of security in the modern dependency-centric design methodology, the importance of versioning, and some basic steps developers can take to secure their product throughout the API Lifecycle.
- Using Existing Online Forums vs. Developing Your Own To Support API Operations
- Taking API Monetization To The Next Level By Monetizing The Exhaust Around API Consumption
- I Depend On All Of You To Help Me Make Sure API Evangelist Is Complete
That is it for this API Digest. Come back next week to find more articles reviewed for you. And feel free to suggest posts or contact us by sending an e-mail.