B2B eCommerce News Monthly: Five B2B Marketing Keys To Unlocking Massive Sales Success
Welcome to the June edition of our regular monthly wrap-up of B2B e-commerce news. Here is the list of topics you will find covered in this article:
- Stand out from the B2B competition with more powerful public relations and media buzz
- Five Major Ways B2B Companies Can Leverage Video Content
- B2B Marketing Has Evolved Into Something Beautiful, And It's Time For Marketers To Adapt
- Five B2B Marketing Keys To Unlocking Massive Sales Success
- Three B2B sites that get B2C right - for business buyers
- B2B email creative doesn't have to be all bells and whistles
1. Stand out from the B2B competition with more powerful public relations and media buzz
Several years ago, you could make a phone call to one person at an organization, make your pitch and finalize a sale. Today, this happens less because buying committees consist of numerous people at various levels in an organization. Melanie Rembrandt suggests few key steps to positively reach a large group of influencers all at one time.
2. Five Major Ways B2B Companies Can Leverage Video Content
In 2018, you cannot deny the importance of video. Video clearly works for business to consumer (B2C) companies. But business to business (B2B) companies should make use of video content too, given that 70% of B2B researchers base some their buying decisions on watching brand videos. Lauren Fairbanks denotes five major ways B2B companies can leverage video content.
3. B2B Marketing Has Evolved Into Something Beautiful, And It's Time For Marketers To Adapt
Over the past decade, B2B marketing evolves into “business-to-beautiful” marketing - marketing that illuminates the beautiful stories behind businesses today, expressing their visions and values in society. John Gerzema provides five crucial takeaways that marketers should keep in mind while creating B2Beautiful marketing, regardless of if you’re a startup or a large corporation.
4. Five B2B Marketing Keys To Unlocking Massive Sales Success
We humans simply overcomplicate things, especially when selling a technical product or service. We shove bullets of detail to prove our worthiness and, in the process, suffocate audience curiosity. To make matter worse, many B2B organizations are flat out missing the mark in aligning what their buyers consider important. Dacia Coffey shares five keys to harnessing the passion, innovation and knowledge of an organization to appropriately translate it into a marketing strategy that catalyzes and supports revenue growth.
5. Three B2B sites that get B2C right - for business buyers
In this article, the second part of a 2-part series, Brian Beck shows three B2B e-commerce sites which show how B2B can both draw on design and process considerations from B2C e-commerce, but also how B2B firms need to forge their own way to accommodate the unique needs of its buyers.
6. B2B email creative doesn't have to be all bells and whistles
The worlds of B2B and B2C marketing are more alike than they have ever been, from freemium model software such as Dropbox and Slack, to lookalike marketing or retargeting. Sadly that means some B2B email marketers attempt clever, quirky or fun copy and often fail to get their complex message across. In the article Ben Davis provides the examples of creative email messages which catch the reader’s eye and those that fail.
That’s all for now. Do you have any interesting B2B news you would like to share? Leave the comments in the section below.
In case you are interested in using a unified API for shopping carts and marketplaces, do not hesitate to contact us.