Developing a reliable API integration with Lightspeed is a must-have for software providers who want to succeed in the market in 2022. In this article, we will explore in detail what a Lightspeed API is and how it works, as well as explore ways to increase your chances of seamless integration with this platform.
Lightspeed Platform Specifics
Lightspeed is a cloud-based platform that has both an attractive and functional user interface. Although it is relatively new, this platform already supports 15,000 live sites. Lightspeed is most popular in the Netherlands, where it ranks sixth among all shopping cart solutions. Also, it is used by e-sellers from the USA, Belgium, and Canada.
By integrating with Lightspeed API, you can benefit from having your software in front of Lightspeed users.
An application programming interface (API) allows two separate applications to exchange information with one another. If you are an eCommerce software provider and your target niche uses specific shopping platforms, using an API will enable you to get access to data from those platforms.
Using Lightspeed API provides a way to connect various third-party services to this shopping platform. Lightspeed's REST-based architecture makes it easy to send requests and get responses.
Integration with Lightspeed means connecting your system to Lightspeed so that your software can access shipping, product, and order data from it. This information will assist you in running your eCommerce software business and offer your services to Lightspeed users.
You can retrieve, create, change, and delete data from Lightspeed stores with the help of the Lightspeed API and HTTP request methods such as GET, POST, PUT and DELETE.
Lightspeed Integration Issues
Each eCommerce platform solution has its own specific logic and architecture. Lightspeed is no exception. Because each integration development is unique, there may be some technical issues and difficulties.
Let’s examine the most common integration issues that you may encounter when connecting Lightspeed with your software:
- The level of technical difficulty is high and requires programming knowledge and certain skills to integrate Lightspeed directly.
- Implementing an integration requires substantial time and effort. If you are building the integration yourself, you may need more than a few weeks to complete it. Developing an integration can be very time-consuming, especially when you only have a small developer team.
- Integrating your eCommerce software with any shopping platform is expensive. It can cost over a thousand dollars to set up. You need also to take into consideration the further upgrades, maintenance, and support of integration that was developed.
How to Set Up API Integration with Lightspeed?
If you decide to integrate with Lightspeed API yourself, you will encounter a number of problems. A better approach is to work with an integration partner who can manage the complexity for you.
Using the API2Cart will ensure a secure, reliable connection between your software and Lightspeed cart solution.
API2Cart is a unified data interface that allows you to connect your software or app with the APIs of over 40 different shopping platforms at once. API2Cart allows you to easily integrate your system with multiple platforms like Lightspeed with no difficulties.
API2Cart lets you avoid the integration challenges related to Lightspeed API. You can use API2Cart API methods to pull out specific data from Lightspeed stores easily.
For instance, you can use the following API2Cart API methods for working with Lightspeed e-store data:
- for working with products: product.info, product.list, product.count
- for working with cart data: cart.create, cart.list, cart.validate
- for working with orders: order.count, order.list, order.info
- for working with shipments: order.shipment.tracking.add, order.shipment.list
For more details about each of the methods, see API2Cart API Docs.
Companies hoping to grow and scale in 2022 and beyond should integrate their software with Lightspeed API.
API2Cart facilitates software integration with shopping platforms like Lightspeed in a matter of days. Sign up for a free 30-day trial today to explore all API2Cart functionality.