PrestaShop API connection development is a necessary process for all eCommerce software and app providers.
The development of the connection with this shopping platform allows increasing business possibilities in times. PrestaShop has a great success among the e-merchants from more than 30 countries of the world. For example, there are more than 87,000 stores in the USA built on this platform. Also, it is popular in France (43,000+ stores), Spain (28,000+ stores), Poland (20,000+ stores) and Italy (20,000+ stores).
The amount of PrestaShop e-stores increases rapidly. For eCommerce software and app providers, it means that having a reliable integration with this platform enables them to increase the base of their prospective customers.
PrestaShop connection may be beneficial for you no matter which service you provide, mobile commerce, inventory, shipping, repricing, PIM, or other types of services.
In this article, we are going to explore the main aspects related to the PrestaShop API. Also, we will show you the easiest way to develop a connection with this platform.
What is the PrestaShop API?
Access to various shopping platforms appears to be a rapid innovation promised by Application Programming Interface. PrestaShop is powerful solution that is on the market for over 11 years. Since the platform releases its API, developers and vendors breathe a sigh of relief. CREATE, READ, UPDATE, DELETE (CRUD) are 4 basic operations to manipulate with data in PrestaShop stores as well as it uses REST architecture. In HTTP there are also 4 main methods presented for managing data. The correspondence can also be done with CRUD and SQL.
To create a resource on PrestaShop, it is needed to GET the XML blank data for the resource and make all the neccessary changes. After that, it is possible to send POST HTTP request with the XML.
Updating of the existing resource is possible if to GET the full XML file for the resource that has to be changed. After that is is possible to edit content andsend a PUT HTTP request with the XML file.
Also, instead of XML it is a possibility to use JSON.
PrestaShop API connection will bring you 315+ thousands of store owners as your potential clients. Increase the revenue and provide the live customers with an excellent experience at one stroke.Integration with PrestaShop will give you an access to a great variety of customers as well as a lot of advantages to achieve important place in the niche. Currently, API technologies are in the air among merchants and developers providing them with unique opportunities to manipulate with various data. However, establishing integration isn’t as simple as may seem to be. It requires strong technical experience and expertise.
Feeling confused facing these difficulties? API2Cart as an online service will give you a lot of advantages during PrestaShop API connection. It provides you with a single API to access the platform. API2Cart supports all PrestaShop versions and editions.
How to Easily Develop the Connection with PrestaShop API?
API2Cart is an online solution that will help to perform integration with PrestaShop and 40+ other shopping platforms in an easy and secure way. Its unified API gives access to such industry leaders like Magento, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, OpenCart and others with no extra investments. Once, there is an API connection with PrestaShop, it means you have it for 40 more. Retrieve, add, update, delete and sync all needed data from the clients’ stores on PrestaShop and integrate it with your business soft at one stroke.
What is more, API2Cart provides you with static and interactive documentations which outline best patterns and practises on how to work with the service. Currently, solution serves more than 3000 active stores and this is definitely not a limit. Its flexible infrastructure allows to add an unlimited number of clients stores, and SSL certificate that is used provides you with secure data interaction. Full tech support is another benefit that are available. Moreover, it’s possible to broaden the functionality on your request.
Taking into account technical experience and expertise, we can say that API2Cart has all the necessary qualities. Dozens of clients are satisfied with our work, as they have already integrated with PrestaShop. Thus, our service helps more than 1000 clients and serves more than 5 million API calls per month.
What Kind of Operation You Can Do Using API2Cart?
API2Cart provides over 100 API methods for managing the PrestaShop data. For example, to work with:
- orders: order.count / list / info/ add / update/ status.list/ shipment.list / abandoned.list
- products: product.list / count / info / add/ update / attribute.list / child_item.list
- categories: list / count / add / update / delete
- customer data: list / count / find / add / update / delete
- carts: cart.create / validate / list / delete / methods / disconnect
- account: account.cart.list / cart.add / supported_platforms
Additionally, the full list of API2Cart API methods you can find in our API Docs.
For instance, API2Cart can enhance such eCommerce spheres:
- Inventory management service. Easily connect your soft with PrestaShop, retrieve products and orders from the stores and control inventory and stock levels easily.
- Mobile commerce. Get and sync products, orders, customers and other related info from online shops and reflect the changes into mobile one in no time.
- Data feed management. Retrieve products with related data and send the info to various channels to establish excellent data feed service.
- Shipping management software. PrestaShop API integration allows you to import orders from the online stores based on this shopping platform, update tracking info and order statuses, monitor and sync inventory levels, etc.
- Marketing automation system. Send emails featuring new items, discounts and special prices, notify on order statuses, track cart abandoners.
So, dispel all doubts and enhance your online business in a blazingly fast way with API2Cart. If there are some questions to ask, schedule a FREE Consultation and our expert will help you to strike out all the dizzying issues.