What is an API Integration Platform?
An API (or application programming interface) is a messenger that allows two different applications or systems to communicate with each other and share data. API work in the following way:
- A client app or software makes an API call to get the needed information. This process is also called an API request
- After the request receiving, API makes a call to the webserver or external program
- Then, the server sends a response to the API with all the required info
- After that, the API sends the data to the app or software that performed the initial request
An API integration platform enables different systems to communicate info effectively between multiple APIs. It means that the info from diverse APIs can be integrated with the help of the API integration platform.
What is the Meaning of the API Integration Process?
An API integration platform facilitates communication between multiple APIs. The process of establishing a connection between those APIs is known as API integration. In other words, API integration is the process of connecting two systems via their APIs. Such a connection allows them to share and exchange data with each other.
Such integrations allow businesses to collaborate efficiently, synchronize their data across multiple systems, and invent strategic products and solutions for other companies. It also enables businesses to automate their processes and embed and share data between various applications.
In an organization with multiple APIs available for each of the installed systems or that needs to communicate with numerous external APIs, it is tedious to manage them separately. You need a platform that can help you integrate all APIs across different applications easily and quickly at scale. In simple terms, you need an API integration platform that can streamline your organization's connection between multiple APIs.
What are the Main Reasons to Use API Integration Platform?
While an API integration platform offers many benefits, here are some specific reasons to use it. Take a look.
- With API integration platforms, you can connect multiple systems easily and quickly via their APIs. They allow you to manage all the APIs collectively while leveraging the shared benefits across applications. Not to mention, it is easier to manage a platform than a group of APIs individually.
- API integration platform also eliminates the maintenance part required after establishing integrations with multiple systems. You don’t have to connect with separate systems individually, and hence, don’t need to maintain them after integration development.
- With an integration platform, you can seamlessly get access to required data from other systems without worrying about data exchange bugs or data loss. These platforms are well-equipped with a robust infrastructure to accommodate the safety and security needs of data.
- API integration platforms are great productivity boosters as they allow the development team to spend their time on more important pursuits than creating, managing, or fixing API integrations.
- Building multiple integrations individually cost a fortune to businesses. However, with an API integration platform, integration development is cost-effective. There’s no need to spend thousands of dollars on multiple integrations.
Example of the eCommerce API Integration Platform
API2Cart is an example of a robust and fully functional API integration platform that features a unified API to connect eCommerce software and apps with more than 40 shopping platforms and marketplaces at once. The unified API is designed so that all the challenges associated with different integrations can be avoided easily.
To connect your software with desired eCommerce platforms, you just need to integrate with API2Cart and the latter will automatically integrate your system with the platforms. With the help of such an integration, you can easily retrieve, create, update, and delete data from all the connected eCommerce platforms. These platforms include Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, Amazon, eBay, and many more others.
API2Cart eliminates the need for separate integrations, saves your time, money, and resources, improves the productivity of the development team, and allows you to focus on more crucial aspects of your business.
Moreover, the best part is, API2Cart also looks after the support and maintenance needs of integrations after their development. It collectively offers a solution to incorporate the updated versions of the eCommerce platforms into the integrations without hampering their quality and security functions. You just need to choose a suitable subscription based on your requirements and API2Cart will work as an end-to-end API integration platform for your software business.
To know more about how API2Cart works and how you can leverage its services, get in touch with us for a free consultation call.