Chatbot software need to make the most out of the connection with all major eCommerce platforms. Because e-retailers are looking for automation solutions for their businesses, they strongly consider using chatbots for their online stores. However, if you are a chatbot provider, you cannot offer them your functionalities without proper integration with Magento, Shopify, or other popular eCommerce platforms. That is because the e-retailers use them for running their stores, and all the necessary data is stored on the platforms' databases.
eShop owners are eager to leverage the power of the chatbot AI-powered tech to trigger superior customer services and exceed their customers’ expectations without missing any more precious leads. A report from Statista shows that the chatbot market is expected to reach a whopping $1.25 billion by 2025. This growth means that there is plenty of room to grow, but also that the competition in this area will get fiercer by the day.
As a chatbot software provider, it becomes imperative to have a reliable connection with all major eCommerce platforms available today to access your clients’ data and provide superior conversation automation services.
In this article, we’re going to take a deeper look at the main perks of chatbot integration with eCommerce platforms, and we’ll show you how to do that easily.
Top Benefits of Chatbot Integration with eCommerce Platforms
The process of eCommerce integration involves establishing a long-term, reliable connection between any software or app and platforms like Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, etc. Going a little further, chatbot integration in the eCommerce sphere represents the connection between your chatbot software and multiple shopping platforms.
Once you connect your chatbot with shopping platforms, you’ll gain instant access to all the vast data stored on them. This connection allows your solution to easily retrieve data related to products, orders, shipments, customers, cart info, prices, etc.
Your chatbot integration with eCommerce platforms offers you the following benefits:
- Your solution can perform all the necessary functions and offer your final clients the services they require. The integration allows you to design automation chatbots that can easily access inventory data, product catalogs, tracking numbers, and order statuses from e-retailers’ stores. Once connected to any shopping platform, your chatbot will be able to create orders, check on abandoned orders, and retrieve a vast amount of information from your clients’ e-stores.
- With hundreds of thousands of stores running on today’s major eCommerce platforms, an integration gives you direct access to all of them. Once you connect your chatbot with specific platforms, you automatically become connected with all the shops running on them.
- Your chatbot will gain access to precious analytics data regarding online shoppers. A stable eCommerce chatbot integration gives you direct access to all the data related to online stores’ customers, site visitors, and leads. You can then use all this data to offer your clients a superior experience and help them make more sales.
How Does an eCommerce Integration Enable Chatbots to Perform Their Functions?
Today, chatbots can perform a wide variety of operations for online shops, such as:
- Provide 24/7 customer support to the site’s visitors
- Prevent shopping cart abandonment by coming with unique offers based on the customers’ purchase history
- Offer targeted product recommendations and upsells to clients ready to buy
- Ensure the customers can properly engage with the online store
- Create and manage the orders placed by customers
Let’s explore some uses cases that chatbots can perform having the integration with eCommerce platforms:
- Creating orders for site visitors: the chatbot can show product data to an e-store customer that requests a certain product. The chatbot can also confirm that the product is in stock and then send it to the clients’ baskets. Once the latter places an order, the chatbot updates the inventory automatically. So, the integration with shopping platforms allows chatbot software to get the info on specific products presented in an online store and automatically create the orders.
- Revealing information about products: a reliable integration with shopping platforms allows chatbots to quickly access any type of info about a certain product that the site customers are interested in. The bot accesses the catalog and extracts the required information about a product, including quantity, price, extras, special offers, features, and availability.
- Sending order statuses and tracking info: once a customer starts asking the chatbot about an ongoing order, the latter can access the shipping info and can provide the actual tracking number, along with shipping status. This way, the customer can easily keep tabs on their order without having to send an email or get in contact with an agent in the call center.
- Recovering abandoned carts: the chatbot is smart enough to send information about abandoned carts to the e-retailers. For example, when a customer fails to proceed to the checkout due to various problems, the chatbot sends notifications to the user to complete the transaction, and can also send notifications to the store owner.
All of the above are actual use cases of how your clients can leverage your chatbot automation service. However, you first need to perform a stable chatbot integration with all major eCommerce platforms to get there. For that, you have two options: either hire a team of developers and spend tens of thousands of dollars on separate integrations with each platform or go with a unified API integration solution such as API2Cart.
Why Use API2Cart for Integration with eCommerce Platforms?
API2Cart is a unified API allowing you to create chatbots that seamlessly integrate with more than 40 shopping platforms and marketplaces in one go. A large number of supported API methods can help you work efficiently on the market access all the data you need from your clients’ online stores.
Using API2Cart, you can connect your chatbot software with Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and other platforms easily. With the help of its API methods, your solution will be able to retrieve the data from them with no difficulties. For example, your chatbot will be able to access the data on e-store products, customers, orders, etc.
You can test API2Cart functionality for a month for free and see how it can help you with your chatbot integration with multiple eCommerce platforms. All you need to do is to register your free trial account now.