Nowadays, SaaS app providers have to spend a lot of effort and valuable resources to reach new clients. This is not an easy task, as the competition on the SaaS market is rising every day, and new software companies appear continuously. That is why the software providers need to find new options to survive on the market and increase their profits.
Suppose you are shipping, order, inventory, warehouse, marketing automation, dropshipping automation, repricing optimization, or any other B2B software vendor. In that case, the integration with multiple shopping platforms is the perfect choice for you. It can help you to expand your business possibilities, market share, and customer base dramatically. In this article, we are going to explore the aspects of BigCommerce API, the development of integration with BigCommerce and discover its main difficulties and benefits for software providers who work with retailers. Also, we will show you the best and easiest way to connect your solution not only with this shopping platform but also with dozens of others.
BigCommerce API Release
BigCommerce is in the list of industry leaders, that release their API to the publicity that appears to be a uniform interface to all the resources that are represented on their platform. BigCommerce has a few various APIs that make it possible to manage store data, make queries for product information, etc.
BigCommerce REST APIs (like Catalog API) enable to manage various types of e-store data and take different actions. For example, REST APIs (V2 & V3) can be used for:
- Managing the product info (e.g., it's adding or updating)
- Working with the order data (its updating, changing of customer's order statuses, etc.)
- Creation of coupons
- Managing account details of the customer’s store
More detailed info about BigCommerce APIs you can find in BigCommerce API Docs.
Why to Develop the Integration with BigCommerce
BigCommerce has been successfully working in the market for more than 11 years, and 50 000+ active stores really indicate its popularity. BigCommerce is widely by online sellers from all over the world. It is very popular among shopping cart solutions in such countries:
- United States (36.000+ e-stores)
- Australia (3.100+ e-stores)
- United Kingdom (2.300+ e-stores)
- Brazil (1.700+ e-stores)
- Canada (1.200+ e-stores)
The number of BigCommerce users has risen extremely in 2020. A lot of offline businesses have closed lately because of the pandemic situation, and millions of sellers started to run e-stores. That is why BigCommerce has excellent possibilities, and the connection with it can have a positive effect on your software too.
With clever use of cart’s API, it is possible to automate online business by developing integration with your soft. This will surely bring a lot of advantages, and the number of your potential clients will increase in no time. Also, it means that you can expand your market share and increase your profits.
Imagine, if there is a possibility to get access to a bigger number of shopping platforms, then you will expand your software sales as never before.
However, designing many API modules isn’t as easy as taking candy from a baby. This process requires a strong technical experience and expertise. As an alternative, you may find a solution that will solve all your integration problems.
The Main Shopping Platform Integration Difficulties
The development of integration with BigCommerce or with any other shopping platform like, for example, Magento, Shopify, PrestaShop, etc. is a highly complicated task. If you want to perform this process on your own, you should be ready for the following:
- Building the integration with only one shopping platform like BigCommerce requires a previous investigation and approximately one month to finish it.
- Integration development is a technically complex process. It means that you will need to find and hire a team of qualified developers who will be responsible for it. The average salary of one developer ranges from 2000 to 5000$/month.
- To maintain the integration with BigCommerce, you will need at least one developer. Also, be ready to spend additional resources on integration upgrading as shopping platforms change their API versions.
Moreover, without building the integration with BigCommerce, your solution won't be able to access and manage the data from online stores built on it. It includes data related to products, orders, customers, shipments, taxes, prices, etc.
The easiest and fastest way to connect your solution to BigCommerce and dozens of the other shopping platforms is to use API2Cart. It can help you to save your money and concentrate on your main activities and software features improvements.
API2Cart as a Hand of Help for Integration Performance
API2Cart is considered to be such a service which helps to overcome all obstacles. It appears to be a unified data interface that establishes connections to more than 40+ shopping platforms and marketplaces using a single API. This means that you don’t have to develop 40 different API modules, just use API2Cart’s single one to integrate with all of them quickly and effortlessly. BigCommerce with all versions and editions are in the list of supported platforms.
API2Cart has already integrated BigCommerce for thousands of customers, and a number of supported active stores counts more than 3000, that is definitely not a limit. Moreover, 5+ mln API calls are served per month as well as over 100 API methods are available for usage.
API2Cart possesses advantages that are worth mentioning:
- Scalability and Flexibility. Use the possibility to add as many stores as you need because API2Cart can handle an unlimited number of customers’ online shops.
- Static and Interactive Documentations. You can see and try how everything works in order to strike out all dizzying questions.
- Security guarantee. API2Cart access the data over HTTPS protocol as well as it provides clients with a 32-symbol API key.
- Full tech support. You are provided with full product support to satisfy customers’ needs.
API2Cart is like a panacea for such industries as mobile commerce, PIM, accounting system, shipping, inventory, warehouse management, marketing automation, or other services that broaden their possibilities. It enables fast and secure data to retrieve, add, update, and sync, including products, customers, and orders with related information with no extra efforts.
So, don’t waste your time and be ready to increase your business possibilities with API2Cart. If you have some questions related to integration with BigCommerce, feel free to ask them. Schedule FREE Consultation, and our expert will help you!