Managing orders across different channels, aligning inventory and supply are the major challenges a lot of e-retail businesses face one day. Luckily, a solid eCommerce order management system (OMS) lets to fully optimize order management and fulfilment process. Through only one centralized place merchants can manage orders, customers, products, inventory and shipping from all sales channels, which is highly convenient.
To provide the functionality outlined above, each order management software needs to use the data from stores which are based on a certain shopping platform.
API2Cart has a full set of methods to retrieve, add, and update the needed data from these platforms’ databases.
Let’s dig deeper into these methods API2Cart provides for order management systems:
For working with orders:
- order.add, order.update - create and update orders on stores
- order.count, order.status.list - get the total number of orders from the store and get order statuses
- order.info - get the details about an order
- order.abandonment.list - create, update and delete orders on stores
- order.shipment.tracking.add - track shipments’ info status and provide delivery performance info
For working with products:
One more benefit order management system enables retailers to do within its system is managing products. The needed data OMS can get with the following API2Cart’s methods:
- product.list - retrieve the list of products from the store
- product.count - get the total number of products
- product.info - retrieve the details about products
- product.add/update/delete - add, update and delete products on the store
for working with currencies and prices:
- product.currency.add - assign a currency to a certain product
- product.currency.list - retrieve the list of product’s currencies
- product.price.add - add some prices to the product
- product.price.update - update some prices of the product
For working with categories:
- category.list - retrieve the list of categories from the store
- category.info - retrieve categories info
API2Cart’s webhooks for order management system
One more great benefit API2Cart provides for order management system is order.update webhook which notifies every time the order gets updated (including its status changes). Besides, it allows to inform customers about their orders’ statuses, instantly create orders, send invoices or pass orders to shipping services right away.
As inventory control is one of the aspects of OMS functionality, with API2Cart’s webhook it’s easy to keep the stock level up-to-date, change inventory levels whenever the order is placed or change partner merchant.