Product Attribute Methods Release: Item Data Now More Structured and Detailed
Thought you could retrieve any detail your client would want? Now you can get even more!
Let your system know if a product attribute is displayed on the storefront and how. Second in a dropdown list? Seventh in a textbox? Not a problem to extract and use this information to do what you do best, be it data feed management, cross-border commerce, or any other B2B service.
To ensure your business can get the most of the product attribute data, we developed three API methods that cover the gamut of operations you might want or need to perform. With the API2Cart functionality updated, you can now do the following:
- get all the product attributes available on the shopping cart via product.attribute.list
- retrieve groups of attributes available on Magento and OpenCart via product.attribute.group.list
- extract all the values that the attribute needed can take via product.attribute.value.list
How Your Customers Use Product Attributes
If your users sell electronics, furniture or tools of any kind, they want to offer buyers the ability to search and browse items based on a specific attribute such as colour or brand. If they sell or plan to sell products on different platforms and marketplaces, they want those products to be described everywhere with no detail missed, and preferably in the same order.
How Your B2B System Can Use Product Attributes
Product attributes retrieved from the primary online point of sale that is, in most cases, a web store, makes sending item facts and descriptions to any platform worldwide more effective. The information they comprise is more structured and detailed. Apart from all the product attributes that the shopping cart allows, the new API methods retrieve additional information to let you do the following:
- get attribute groups, values, and labels
- know whether the information is visible on the storefront (including how and where)
- see if a user-defined attribute is required when placing an order
Interested in finding out more or would like to start benefiting from product attributes today? Get in touch with our representative to discuss the details.