API Digest #33: Stop Comparing JSON and XML
It’s been two weeks since the previous API Digest came out, and all this time we’ve been eager to share more! Finally, the time has come, so welcome and enjoy :)
Stop Comparing JSON and XML! These things are not comparable. Or at least that is what Yegor Bugayenko believes to be true. Take the chance to find out why and join the discussion in the comment section by seeing the article.
Thursday Bram knows what discussion we need to have at APIStrat. It’s all about APIs touching surprisingly few lives or how ‘getting out of the building’ can end in leaving the world a little better than we found it.
- The Rise of API First Applications by Travis Tidwell, CTO & Co-Founder of Form.io
- The API Lifecycle Workshop by Kin Lane, the API Evangelist
- The API Model Canvas by Manfred Bortenschalger, API business and strategy expert working for 3scale
Designing evolvable APIs for the web is no problem for Pedro Félix. He has started sharing his knowledge and experience in a series of articles on the topic. Two out of three posts are ready for you to read on the Nordic APIs blog, one telling about interaction and another one delving into identification.
Do not miss more enjoyable pieces such as those listed below:
- The Importance of Writing Code That Humans Can Read by Tim Severien
- Java 8 vs. Scala: Part I and Java 8 vs. Scala, Part II: the Streams API by Hussachai Puripunpinyo (a series on comparing Java 8 to Scala in terms of expressiveness and performance, and using the Streams API to collect and manipulate data)
- 5 Greatest TED Talks on IoT by Michael Tharrington
Just in case you feel like reading about IoT more, check out Why It Is Important to Build Long-Lasting APIs: IoT Perspective