APIs assist in offering uppermost-level services via integration with other solutions for supporting eCommerce software vendors. Thus, such eCommerce software vendors may now turn to this article as instruction on developing API integration with BigCommerce.
BigCommerce is one of the best platforms for online merchants. Therefore, software providers must align their solutions with BigCommerce to maximize efficacy.
So, let's explore in detail how to integrate any eCommerce software with BigCommerce and manage its store data with no problems.
What is BigCommerce?
The use of BigCommerce to enable businesses at all levels to create and modify their eCommerce websites is common. It offers different features to create attractive and custom-designed websites, tag products, make payments, and place shipment orders. BigCommerce provides a great drag-and-drop editor that is simple to use and allows users to design their stores creatively.
BigCommerce powers more than 44,000 online stores around the world. It has massive popularity in the United States (33,500 stores), Australia (2,900 stores), the United Kingdom (2,800 stores), Canada (1,300 stores), and Brazil (1000 stores).
Overview of the BigCommerce API
This eCommerce platform provides an array of components known as BigCommerce API, which developers utilize in integrating their software. Here's an overview of key aspects of the BigCommerce API:
1. It is built on the principles of REST. Similar to this, it employs the common HTTP verbs, including GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE, to handle resources. We speak of these resources as products, categories, and orders and they may be obtained through various API points.
2. With respect to retrieving online store data, BigCommerce API involves OAuth authorization for safety purposes. To enable developers to authenticate their apps and receive access tokens, they require API credentials.
3. Usually, the BigCommerce API is based on JSON (a compact and easy-to-read data exchange format).
4. Developers have the option to use BigCommerce API and build their own custom-made applications that are founded on BigCommerce. A number of these applications might add on to functionality which will enhance the efficiency of the retail outlet built using BigCommerce.
5. Besides providing the RESTful API, BigCommerce offers the GraphQL API separately. As such, this characteristic enables one to just get the relevant data and not fetch too much information and achieve greater flexibility.
The Benefits of BigCommerce API Integration
Any eCommerce software developers looking to expand their functionality and add value to their products should consider integration with a BigCommerce API. Here are some key advantages:
1. The incorporation of BigCommerce API in the design also allows eCommerce software vendors to improve on their services by adding more functionalities.
2. This is supported by API functionality, which allows for transfer of information from the eCommerce software to BigCommerce, facilitating a smooth user experience. This would enable to create a common operative routine with no duplication of work. Therefore, people’s mistakes would decrease.
3. BigCommerce is able to provide the broader marketplace to its ecommerce software providers through their respective BigCommerce APIs. They have an offer wherein they can publish their integrated solutions in the BigCommerce App Marketplace which will make it very easy for the BigCommerce store owners to access them.
4. By virtue of its existing API connection with Bigcommerce, it is easy for an eCommerce application to facilitate real time data transfers.
5. This could enable eCommerce software vendors to differentiate themselves by integrating with BigCommerce APIs. This increases its competitiveness in providing solutions with greater features compared to those non linked with BigCommerce.
6. This integration makes it possible for other eCommerce software vendors to stay in tune with Bigcommerce development and its ever growing number of built-in features.
The Development of API Integration with BigCommerce
There is an available service called API2Cart that serves as a universal API for connecting to BigCommerce and many other eCommerce platforms. It simplifies working with, as well as integration with, BigCommerce. That being said, API2Cart allows users to cut down on the development time and money that would otherwise be spent developing individual eCommerce platform integrations.
This implies that by using API2Cart, information can be accessed among many stores from BigCommerce by eCommerce software vendors. The advantage is particularly beneficial for the software vendors working with the BigCommerce e-merchants with various internet stores.
When it comes to diverse product, customer, order, and inventory-related data collected by API2Cart from BigCommerce, things become more straightforward. This ensures that eCommerce solutions are well informed by timely data.
API2Cart supports webhooks, so any significant changes of the kind on BigCommence, including new orders, will alert specified eCommerce software solutions. This enables updates in real-time and automations.
API2Cart has extensive API Docs and support resources, which include guides and examples. It makes it easy for the developers to understand and implement integration into BigCommerce. To test all the functions of API2Cart, you should book a free demo call with our managers.