Integration with shopping platforms is vital for any B2B SaaS vendor who works in the eCommerce industry. It helps to extend market share, and the more shopping carts SaaS applications support, the higher are the chances to attract a lot of online shop owners.
That is the main reason why every eCommerce software vendor needs to think about the integration of their solution with many shopping platforms as possible because they and their clients would have a lot of benefits from this type of integration.
This article will show you why it is significant for you to develop Hybris integration, what its pitfalls are and how to implement integration with it easily and fast.
Key Facts about Hybris API
SAP Hybris API covers common shopper interactions, which is named Omni Commerce Connector (OCC) API. OCC is a RESTful HTTP API using OAuth2.
The Hybris API allows retrieving products, customers, orders, and other store information.
Comprehensive SAP Hybris API documentation makes it easy to adopt and governance an API. It is documented in Swagger in OpenAPI format. Swagger provides information in two data formats, XML and JSON, the most popular data types for data exchange between clients.
What Are the Benefits of Hybris API Integration?
Founded in 1997 and acquired by SAP in 2013, Hybris is well established and has solid backing. It's among the main choices in the eCommerce sector for the leading companies in the United States, United Kingdom, and other parts of Europe.
Main benefits of Hybris integration for eCommerce software providers:
- Increase of customer base. Hybris has more than 19,000 stores, indicating that integration with Hybris is an excellent opportunity for eCommerce service providers to attract more potential customers.
- Income growth. Integration with Hybris means the attraction of thousands of potential clients and as a result a significant increase in revenues.
- Your functionality improvement. As an eCommerce application vendor, the integration with Hybris is the first stage for you to focus on new market opportunities as this integration is much more than a connection. You can offer your solution to new potential clients and expand your market share. Moreover, you will be able to extend the functionality of your B2B SaaS.
However, developing integration with an eCommerce platform is usually a complicated process. Read below some main challenges of developing eCommerce integrations.
Pitfalls of Implementing Hybris Integration
Developing Hybris integration requires considerable technical skills to access store information because its framework has its distinctive way of storing data.
Support often doesn’t provide a clear explanation of errors. Hybris has an online community, but it is not strong enough to help you with some inquiries.
Other Challenges You May Face When Developing Shopping Cart Integration
When we talk about the integration with eCommerce platforms, we can conclude that this is one of the most difficult tasks for any company that provides eCommerce services. If you try to integrate your SaaS solution with various shopping platforms, you will need a lot of time and expertise to understand each shopping platform. Integration with shopping sites causes numerous issues, some of which we will describe below:
- It is a bad choice to deal with integration on your own since you might not be familiar with some of the technological procedures of shopping platforms. To do this task by yourself, you will need to have a highly skilled developer team.
- Integration is a complex problem that involves a lot of struggle and expertise. Sometimes it will take a few months to complete just one specific integration. You can imagine how long it will take for developers to complete multiple integrations with eCommerce platforms.
- The launch of updates of some shopping platforms is probably an even greater challenge with various integrations. Your developer team might complete integrations that rely on the earlier version of the shopping platform. Therefore you can have some big issues when trying to get new data from shopping platforms.
Using ready-made integration services like API2Cart's unified API is currently the best thing you could do as this API service has already established connections with over 40 eCommerce platforms, including Hybris and below you will see why.
Which Industries Can Benefit from Hybris Integration
API2Cart can be beneficial for eCommerce software providers operating in such industries:
- Shipping management software
- Inventory management software
- eCommerce marketing automation software
- Warehouse management software
- Multi-channel software
- Many others
How to Easily Develop Hybris Integration
API2Cart has developed a unified API that allows eCommerce solution providers to implement Hybris integration and other eCommerce integrations extremely easily and fast. It offers integration with over 40 eCommerce platforms such as Hybris, Shopify, Neto, Magento, Etsy, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, OpenCart, and many more with the use of a single API.
For now, API2Cart provides the following API methods to work with Hybris:
- for working with products: product.list/info/count/find/child_item.list
- for working with orders: order.list/count/info/add
- for working with order statuses: order.status.list
- for working with customers: customer.list
Here is what you can get from cooperation with API2Cart:
- Save money on the development of multiple integrations with eCommerce platforms. Get a unified tool to work with product, customer, and order information from 40+ shopping platforms and implement it within your software
- Save time and internal development resources to integrate your system with all the platforms
- API2Cart constantly adds new platforms and fresh versions of already supported carts
- It provides you with full technical support and opportunity to get any customization that you will require
- Scalability - we can handle the increase of your customers with no downtime
Moreover, we constantly work on adding new methods and functionality for our clients. The full list of API methods you can see in our documentation.
Interactive documentation is another benefit that is worth mentioning. Developers are able to try and see how everything works directly on our web page. To access the system it is offered a 32-symbol API key to ensure the process. Considering uptime, it’s worth saying that our service is available on 99,9%.
For any eCommerce B2B software, integrations are unavoidable. Using API2Cart you will be able to connect your business with over 40 shopping platforms and marketplaces at once. Overcoming all the challenges related to the Hybris integration process and starting to leverage the benefits the Hybris API brings over to you: more customers, higher-quality services, more significant market share, new markets expansion, and an increase in profits.
So, do not hesitate and start a free 30-day trial to see how API2Cart can help you solve your business needs. If you have some questions feel free to contact us or schedule a call with our representative.