The world of B2B business owners and software developers is getting competitive always. There are several services to provide, like inventory management, warehouse management, shipping management, order fulfillment, and much more. Developers have designed smart systems to streamline the tasks of store owners and run their business seamlessly. These systems, no doubt, manage everything from customer and product information to order processing and shipping.
To gain an edge in this competition, these systems need to be more versatile and should be capable of upgrading with new trends and technology. Shopping Cart integrations are the gateway to this innovation, and integration with Shopify is your first step to open up new opportunities for your SaaS App.
Here are five reasons why you should integrate with Shopify
Integration with Shopify is more than just a connection with the shopping cart or marketplace. With more than 165000 web stores, Shopify is a leading E-Commerce platform. Here is what integration with this shopping platform allows your SaaS app to do.
1. Expand the pool of customers
As of February 2019, the number of merchants using the Shopify platform was reported to be 800,000. It has a global reach in 175 countries. Hence, integration with Shopify allows you to expand your clientele at a global level and become a solution that will help them to streamline their business operations and improve the service they provide to their customers.
2. Expand market share
With 800,000 merchants who chose integration with Shopify, its revenue reached $1.1 billion in 2018. At present, its market value is estimated at $ 41 billion. Shopify is ranked third among the top 3 cloud-based E-Commerce leaders. It allows merchants from different industries and to develop their online stores. The leading countries that are using Shopify are the US, UK, Brazil, Canada, and many more.
3. Get access to actionable data
Shopify supports more than 35 methods to work with categories, customers, orders, products, etc. Thus, your SaaS app can access and use data from customers’ stores as well as extract, add, update and manipulate it if needed.
4. Improve functionality
Shopify offers a variety of solutions such as abandoned cart recovery, POS, fulfillment, dropshipping, analytics, reports, etc. Integration with this shopping platform can significantly improve your functionality, give new possibilities for your system and attract even more clients.
5. Increase profits
Shopify will never stop making clients, and so you a SaaS app provider will keep on earning profits on integration with Shopify.
According to our app statistics above 47% of API2Cart clients choose Shopify for integration. This means that in order to be competitive on the market you should have the support of this and other popular eCommerce platforms. Our data just endorses the fact that store owners who build their online stores based on Shopify are in need of such a service like yours.
Challenges of Shopify Integration
Although integration with Shopify brings in an ocean full of benefits, it is equipped with pitfalls as well.
Here are the key difficulties you can experience when building integration with Shopify:
- Some specific technical obstacles are not documented in Shopify documentation;
- API integration requires a wide variety of tech expertise in the latest trends in API building;
- Finding a highly skilled developer who will be able to elaborate integration is one of the biggest challenges. There are also some concerns relating to data security, API abuse, data breaches, and losses, all of which may affect a company's reputation and finances, not to mention harming end customers;
- Even if the integration is finished successfully, it is not the end of the story, as it will need further upgrades and maintenance that will constantly take time and resources due to the need for IT staff support.
- Scalable and flexible service.Through API2Cart you will be able to integrate your soft with an unlimited number of client's stores.
- Full tech support.Highly qualified support technicians are ready to answer all your questions in order to satisfy your special needs and requirements.
- Reliable data interaction.SSL certificate is used to ensure the security of integration together with 32-symbol API key to access the system.
- Well-documented API. Static and interactive documentation makes integration with eCommerce platforms via API2Cart an easy process.
- Single point of entry.Save your time and resources on developing a number of integration methods to access different shopping platforms as API2Cart offers one API to perform data interaction in no time. It has already investigated popular APIs of eCommerce platforms and has developed the integration with all of them.
- for working with orders: order.count / list / info/ add/ update/ status.list/ shipment.add/ shipment.tracking.add/ refund.add
- for working with products: product.list / count / info / fields/ add/ update/ delete/ image.add/ image.delete/ attribute.list/ child_item.list/ variant.add/ variant.update/ variant.delete
- for working with carts: cart.create / validate / list / delete / methods / disconnect/ info/ coupon.list/ giftcard.list
- for working with the account: account.cart.list / cart.add / supported_platforms
- for working with categories: category.list / info/ count/ add/ update/ delete
- for working with customers: customer.list / info/ count/ add
Your Shopify Integration Solution
A simple way to integrate with Shopify is via a unified API provided by API2Cart. Integrating once with API2Cart, you get access to 40+ shopping carts and marketplaces such as Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Prestashop, Amazon, Squarespace and other popular platforms. You’ll be able to easily get and process store data such as orders, products, customers, shipments, categories,basket, taxes, etc. In addition, when new versions of platforms appear, API2Cart adds them, so you don’t have to monitor for changes and develop support for them.
API2Cart Methods to Work with Shopify
API2Cart provides a wide variety of API methods for working with Shopify online stores. For example, you can use the following methods for managing the data:
More information about all supported API methods for Shopify and their details you can find here.
You can now stand ahead of your competitors by connecting to millions of potential customers, including over 800k that are using Shopify. In case you have some questions considering API2Cart schedule a call with our representative or contact us and we will gladly help you. Just a reminder - we provide a FREE 30-days trial for you to see how API2Cart will work for your business:)